My 2015 sewing year

9:48 AM 0 Comments

FINALLY! A post about sewing :) This post is dedicated to everything I managed to create this year. I am excited to go through all of my starts, middles, and finishes made in 2015. Hopefully this won't be too short! (I'm not worried about long..... graduate school gets in the way of creativity!)

My dive into zippered pouch making... a                              A wedding gift for a beloved friend, Ruth
 pencil bag I love and use daily


Graduation present for my wonderful friend Tiffany. The first quilt I quilted by myself on my little Pfaff machine. It was a great experience!




Graduation quilt made for one of my closest friends, Cina


Pencil pouch and first endeavor of embroidery


Farm Girl Vintage potholder for my mother-in-law, Susan


Some FGV blocks :)


My first bedrunner and first free-motion quilting project. I love it!


First baby quilt made, just the top. It finally got quilted though and will be finished soon :)


FGV quilt for another best friend, Meagan, as a wedding present



Christmas tabletopper


First mini quilt! 


FGV Pillow.... Also for Meagan. 


Fun foundation paper-pieced block. 


First dive into paper piecing and first pillow made! I love it. So fall festive.


First endeavor into English paper-piecing. (Still yet to be appliquéd down lol)


Halloween quilt using my favorite Spellbound fabrics


This was for a swap I did.... it was difficult to give away bc it turned out so precious, but worth it when my swap partner said she loved it! :)


Halloween hat wall hanging. This was a fun paper-piecing project! Took a while because of all the parts but now I am confident in all foundation paper piecing projects. :)


Fun mini quilt for my sister Jessica's birthday :)


Tom the Turkey thanksgiving block. Pieced on Thanksgiving actually!


Super cute and fun Christmas ornament made after finals were over!


Beginning of a 3 wise men paper piecing project. (still in the works)


My cutie patootie sister with the fun charm pack cherry quilt I pieced and Momma quilted. She loved it!


First dresden plate project, a pillow. It came out great!


Finally, one of my favorite projects, a paper pieced R2D2 wall hanging for Dad at christmas. He was pleasantly surprised and is going to hang it in his office at home!

I loved looking back on this year and remembering the circumstances of each project and many beloved gifts were given to the people I love the most. (Poor Aaron didn't warrant any home-made projects.... we'll have to rectify that this year of course! :) )

Thanks for looking back with me! Have a wonderful day!

Unknown

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard. Google

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.